Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Travel Grant from National Science Council

I received a letter from National Science Council (NSC) on May 10. It said that they would reimburse my traveling and accommodation expenses up to NT$50,000 on my trip to Brisbane, Australia from July 4 to July 6, 2006. I am going to present my paper titled "Mental images and contextual clues: A comprehension study of animal idiomatic expressions in an EFL environment" in PacSLRF 2006 held at the University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia. It's the first time I get travel grant from NSC in Taiwan, which is an encouragement to me. I will try my best to present my paper and hope that I can also get some feedback from the audience.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Michael:

I happened to see your great web and this blog, and left a message to say hi to you.
Congratulations!!!
Have a nice trip!

Michael Wu said...

Thank you very much. I hope that you enjoy your study at NTNU.

gentle breeze said...

Hi, Mr. Wu
I also happened to read your blogs. I am interested in weblog-based EFL teaching. I am EFL teacher in Mainland China. I have my weblog page: http://360.yahoo.com/leexia2003 hope we have more to share. and I can learn from you.
nice to know you
early Christmas wishes to and your two cute kids!
leexia