Friday, September 24, 2010

Time zone of blogger.com

I like to use blogger.com to be my blog hosting service. It is one of the earliest blog hosting services. Then, Google bought it as part of its Internet empire. Of course, quite a few blogging platforms have sprout up in the past few years such as Wordpress, Vox, Blogsome, to name just a few. However, since I used blogger.com first, I just stick to it and also teach my students to use it whenever necessary. However, many of my students can't wait to post their first blog and usually forget to configure the format of their blog. Here I would like to post a photo to show how you can change your time zone so that time stamp will show correct time. First of all, you are encouraged to switch your language to English. Then, you click 'Settings' and then 'Formatting'. You just click the 'time zone' and choose '(GMT+08:00) Taipei'. That's it. I hope that all my students can change the 'time zone' of their blogs so that their postings will show the correct time.

 

By the way, when I post this blog, I just find a 'Link http://  ' under the Title of my blog entry. I am quite curious what it is. I just type my personal website URL in that blank, hoping that I can figure out what the function of that 'Link'. OK, once I posted it, I knew what the link is for. It's the URL link for my title. Therefore, I disabled it.

No comments: